Getting Minus FPS - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Getting Minus FPS

i Play a game called Americas army

i just upgraded alot of my system. inc Graphics card.

when playing ingame i run th FPS command (frames persecond) and with my old card i would see around 50-65 FPS

but now after i got my new card and i run the same command i see im getting and average of -30 FPS..i dont see much difference in performence really. perhaps the odd lag spike when playing on USA servers (im in UK) but thats about it. so i ran FRAPS and it was coming out at like 80FPS, so i didnt know if it was a glitch in game or what..

now yesterday i run the ingame command and see im hitting 180-200 FPS im like ok .. wth is going on. and later again lastnight i was running at about -10FPS.

can anyone please help!?!??

old= ati 9800 pro (AGP)
new= ati x800 GTO 2 (PCI-E)

Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

must be a glitch. have you installed the latest drivers for the card though?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well ive gone to the ATI website and donwloaded some stuff. :P

i notice one thing.. when going into the display settings with my old card it used to have lots of tabs ..tons of stuff about the card.. bal abl. but that is missing this time around. i wasnt sure if that was because something wasnt installed. i'll go back and take everything off in terms of ATI stuff. and start kind of from scratch.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

ok. good luck. i wouldn't be too concerned about the negative FPS though. as long as the FPS doesn't really drop too low.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well as i said i dont seem to see too much of a change in performance wether its showing as a minus of a plus FPS score. its the just the principle of it being all messed up and not staying at a stable reading. perhaps there is something missing in the drivers required. i'll have to roll back things and try to pay attention when installing this time. :P
Old 02-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Sooo........negative FPS..........game must be running in reverse? Unistall all the ATI drivers, clean the registry. Reinstall video drivers. Unistall America's Army and reinstal. shoud be fine.

Closed Thread