Getting a double image using LCD TV as monitor. Hooked to PC via VGA cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowookie

Baseband Member
Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out. I got a 24" Seiki LCD TV hooked to my PC via VGA cable. I decided to use this screen to upgrade from my older 19" LCD Monitor. At first I used a DVI to HDMI cable to hook up the 24" LCD TV but I only got the image to work once and then it stopped working. Anywho I decided to use a VGA cable instead, it worked like a charm however, I get like a double image, not bad but you can notice it. I tried auto adjust on my tv and Windows 7 setting to make the text more readable and still getting a double image. Looks like a 3D monitor or something like that. For instance if I look at any text using some on this web page, like the "Post New Thread" towards the top of the page. I can see part of a transparent "d" at the end of the word "Thread". and likewise for all other text and anything else on the screen including icons pictures and such. Like I said it's not really that noticeable but at times it does make it look like your looking at a 3D image/movie without the glasses.

Anyone know if there is a way to align the images or any fixes to this issue? I have another PC hooked up to my 46" Sharp LCD TV and it's working wonders with no issues. Is this because this 24" TV is cheaper make than the Sharp?

Thanks in advance,

Afrowookie

The fact that it is a cheaper manufacturer shouldn't contribute at all. You could try changing the VGA cable if you have another one as this may be the cause.

This cable is brand new. You could be right it still could be defective though. There are still a few things I can still try. Like changing my VGA to DVI adapter and changing ports, I have a Nvidia 8800GTX and it supports Dual display. I guess I can also try another computer which has a different video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom