getting blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
figured this would be the best place to post.....although I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or software. I only get the blue screen while playing a certian game...GRID. sometimes I can have it turned on and play for 2-3 hours at a time and have no problems. Other times I could be playing for half hour and a blue screen just pops up and my PC restarts. Like I said before, it's only happened playing the one game. I've updated my GPU drivers and directx, motherboard.

Is there a way to look up whats causing this?

sorry, I'm not really sure what to ask here....my PC stats are in my sig.

thanks

hmmm....ok, got a question for you, As I am running win XP pro 64-bit, I'm not sure how to view what my errors are. and the 4 times that it has done this only once has it sat on the blue screen long enough for me to even read one word.....and of course I didn't write anything down.

what do you suggest?
thanks

Start>right click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced Tab. Under Startup and Recovery click Settings. In there toward the bottom you will see the option to stop the PC from restarting on system failure. Uncheck that box. will allow the BSOD to stay on screen in order for you to read it.

thanks...got that all set up...no lets see if it does it again.

one more question, should I have any virtual memory set up for this, I have been running my PC without, I found it runs and starts up alot faster without Vmemory....and no, thats not the reason I'm bluescreening, it's only done it once since I turned off my virtual memory.

It isnt necessary. you should be fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom