Generalized Vista Gaming Issue - Desperate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLade

Beta member
Okay first of all computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33ghz
4gb of ram
64 bit operating system

Video card: NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GS

Using vista

Here's the problem I have when gaming... Its somewhat hard to explain because its not a consitent problem but here are multiple examples that I have.

1. Playing any game on steam (i.e. l4d2 or counter-strike: source), if I shift-tab to open or close the friends list there is a brief 10-20 second freeze up.

2. Previously using ventrilo opening the setup tab would cause a freeze-up like this as well, I found a solution to this by checking and unchecking "use direct input to detect hotkey".

3. Playing league of legends I experience a freeze-up right before entering a game or when leaving one or also using the pause menu.

4. Opening the launcher for World of Warcraft causes a 30 second freeze.

I know these examples are very generalized and the problem is difficult to understand (atleast for me) I'm just hoping someone with similar experiences will be able to point me in the right direction. I'm desperate and any help is appreciated.. is this just life with Vista gaming or what?

I've never really had any problems with my internet connection high speed good download / upload speed and I'm connected directly to the modem (not wireless).

Your internet connection can go no faster than the network your connected to. And if your connection needs to be routed through multiple connection points to get to a specific network then it will be even slower. It could also be the number of other users on the connection at any one time. You could be the only user in the USA connecting to a site, but if 1,000,000 users in Europe are accessing the same site then your probably going to be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom