GeForce8500GT Problem D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleT61

Solid State Member
Well, due to some... unwanted items. I had to do a system restore to defaults. After getting all of my drivers, everything was working fine, until i ran WoW of course. 5 minutes in the colors get messed up and go non responsive. After a reboot my screen starts to hang after the bios menu loadup screen.

I turn it off, take out my graphics card and it works fine. YET! Afterwards when i plugged it in while it was off, and when i turned it on...
It ran fine, until it gets to my desktop. About 30 seconds after the desktop loads it goes into a black screen, except for a little flashing underlined area at the top left, somewhat like cmd prompt.

Computer then stops making any noise.
Driver was installed, yet it was telling me "New software found"
Any ideas?

Hopefully the 8500 isnt messed up =\

Hmm, wehen you say you took it out and it works fine.. do you have an onboard card?

How did you get rid of your "unwanted Items"?

And any BSOD?

Can you give the rest of your specs, just incase?

And lasttly.... WELCOME to here.

Yea, i have an onboard card but its crap :p
System Restore to default
i dunno what BSOD is :x
im using,

OS is Xp Windows Home
AMD Sempron Processer 3100+, mmx 3dnow ~1.8ghz
1246RAM

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the fast reply! ^^

Oh Bsod: blue screen of death? no. Just a black screen that looks like a big cmd prompt that doesnt go away D:

When it messed up playing wow it looked kinda like
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1088/1290399796_b61ed81270_o.jpg

Hmm, is the onboard a nvidia?

I'd definately retry installing the drivers again. But use something like drivercleaner to ensure the nvidia drivers are gone.

Its odd that it did work, before a format, which would lean towards a driver issue... hopefully.

Hmm, is the onboard a nvidia?

I'd definately retry installing the drivers again. But use something like drivercleaner to ensure the nvidia drivers are gone.

Its odd that it did work, before a format, which would lean towards a driver issue... hopefully.

Problem is, the drivers from the site never worked for the 8500, for some odd reason. I had to get it from a different site, and instal it while the graphics card was in. Problem with that, the screen goes non responsive and black after about 10 seconds on desktop.

So you want me to uninstall the crap 6100 driver?
and just try installing the 8500 driver?

:eek:

Hmm, as its an nvidia you might have to...

Have you tried uninstalling the 8500 through device manager, then tried a winupdate?

My 8800 had to get installed this way, when i had it as a physix card.

Oddly winupdate has the older drivers for these cards.

Hmm, as its an nvidia you might have to...

Have you tried uninstalling the 8500 through device manager, then tried a winupdate?

My 8800 had to get installed this way, when i had it as a physix card.

Oddly winupdate has the older drivers for these cards.

I checked earlier today while disabling the 6100, and i could not find the 8500.
When i first installed it, after restoreing to defaults... the graphics card was working.
After about 10 minutes it messed up and crashed. Restarted the computer, and it just
hung and the black screen until i turned it off again and removed the 8500.
I think it removed the driver, when i chose (Start last known good configuration).

I keep trying to instal the nvidia driver from the site, and it doesnt work. Never did, even when i first installed it. Had to get it from a different site, and i used a 8600 driver.

Do you think i should restore to defaults and install the 8600 driver? This is so frustrating...
=[

Hmmm, I've never had an onboard card..

With that said, i'd try putting in the 8500, disabling the onboard, then grab the driver through windows update.

Also ensure you've got the card in properly.

Hmmm, I've never had an onboard card..

With that said, i'd try putting in the 8500, disabling the onboard, then grab the driver through windows update.

Also ensure you've got the card in properly.

tried that man, right as its downloading and installing the driver, right when its almost finished it goes to the blank black screen.
And the computer stops making any noise, besides the fans

EDIT: Now it doesnt even pick it up as being a 8500, it just tells me its a Video Controller (VGA Compatable) or something

Oi!

Man... And with only the onboard it runs fine? I.E. proper resolution etc?

hmm, while in safe mode, does the card act as if is fine, just not running the drivers?

I widsh someone with more onboard experience would chime in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom