Geforce2 MX400 64 meg install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azza08

Beta member
hello
Ive just brought this AGP second hand video card and when installed Win XP constantally reboots. The card worked well in the machine it came from and all precautions were taken when removing shipping and installing the card.

My M/Board came with a bult in video card which works well but as soon as i put the AGP card in it farts spits and splatters untill i pull it out.
The M/Board is a ms-6390 running 512mb ram with a 1.3gig amd cpu

Any help would be great thanks.

P.S The card driver is from Win XP driver base with the latest Nvidia drivers off the net.

Have you gone into the bios and disabler the on board video?You should do that right after you put the new card in before you let it boot all the way up...

yep have done that to but still no go
have read the M/Board manual from cover to cover and done as it say but still crashes.

What would help would be the Evga.com Install cd that comes with the card to help make sure my M/Board complies with the requirements for the card.

Reasin being when loading up in VGA Mode in xp no problems but as soon as loading XP normally shit hits the fan.

So I presume a driver problem but i dont know which one.

Re-enable the on-board video and uninstall all video drivers and clean the registry. power off disconnect the power from the wall or just pull out the power chord. Hit the start button a few time to blow off any residual capacitor storage. Reboot into the bios and disable the on-board video and make sure that AGP is set to 4x (do it manually). Save the bios and reboot...Now if you have problems, you may have "toasted" that GPU when you did the install, particularly if the powe rsupply was still "on-line" when you installed the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom