GeForce Nvidia 9600 GSO XFX problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

desteele94

Solid State Member
OKay this is the fist time ive ever built my own pc and it worked out great i got some really nice stuff and i finally thought it would be okay until i hit this snag....

Here are the specs on my comp

GeForce Nvidia 9600 GSO XFX (not being used)
Biostar TA790GXB A2+
AMD Phenom quad core processor
and
A 20" Hp 2009m

For some reason the GeForce Nvidia 9600 GSO XFX only has DVI inputs but not a problem i thought cause the kind ppl at nvidia decided to throw me a bone and give me a VGA to DVI adapter. Unfortunately it doesnt work so i just plugged the analog into the chipset on the motherboard so i could atleast get windows on the new hard drive.

However i want the nvidia card in so i go and get a DVI wire cause i thought maybe it was the adapter. but to no avail i get nothing as i try to scan for a DVI signal so i just go back to analg. I cant install drivers because whenever i try to install it it says i dont have an Xfx product or something to that effect and exits. I have already tried uninstalling the chipset to get to recognize the card...
I tried Switching the wires around while reseting and turning off the computer...
I tried enaling the DVI in display settings but it just goes black and turns back after 3 secs

And after all this time i dont know what the problem is...if its the DVI cable, Motherboard, Mobo, idk. If someone has had a similar problem help...

Make sure you have the Pci-e power cord plugged into the card.

Also be sure to disable the onboard video in the BIOS, if you do this and it still doesn't work, don't panic but reset the CMOS.

PCI-e power cord? Im a little new to computers and all tat.... And how would i disable the onboard.... i can get into bios i just dont know where to go from there..... and yes the card is powering up or atleast i can hear the fan spinning.... Im almost positive its something to do with the card now because the DVI i use can plug in other DVI ports and it works

Yha the 6-pin is the one on the gpu. The psu should also have the cable to plug into it.

14-150-340-07.jpg

WOw i feel stupid where would i get one of those cables for that? One didnt come in the box... My PSU doesnt have a 6-pin extension

That's the problem, its not having enough power for the card, the new cards draw some power for sure. If i were you i'd look for an Antec or Corsair PSU, the Antec Earthwatts series is pretty good bang-for-buck and the Corsair TX series is also good. The thing to look for is good amperage on the +12v rail, something that's 25+ amps will work for you. That e-machines psu wont work most likely.

In all honesty you might not have the power to run the card. According to nVidia:

Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 400 W

I would check your PSU. There should be a sticker on it that tells you the W on it. Should look something like this:

SN95G5-psu-specs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom