Geforce FX 5700 ultra...flash bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinmeup

Solid State Member
hey, i have just been given a geforce fx 5700 ultra and when i snap it in the text comes up all garbeled. i got word from the guy i got it from that it lived through a power surge. i think that the card is no good but i would like to flash the bios just to make sure im not wasting a good card. its manufacturer is XFX and i cannot locate the correct bios. I also think that it may be my system bios not being updated...any thoughts?
Skin

Re:

Hello,

What text goes garbeled...? Is it the text you first see when powering on your PC (the POST process)...?

If your monitor has an 'auto' feature, try and use it. If not then it's most probably dead and you'll have to replace it.

The only possible issues I can think of besides fried circuitry are incorrectly seated video card, improperly connected VGA cable, lack of power from PSU or incompatible AGP version.

when it dispays the ge force video ram page in the boot process, and the device initialization that is when the text is garbles. card is in properly and the molex is plugged into the card. its not vga but dvi. i think im just wasting my time with this card. ill just go back to my 5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom