GeForce FX 5200 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leodirk

Beta member
I bought this card today, GeForce FX 5200 for PCI. I bought it for the S Video output it has to set my pc up as a DVR. I got it all to work, the TV input works, watching the video on my monitor works. Just when I go to watch it on my TV it will play for a little, usually under a minute then the Media Center Player will freeze up. The drivers seem to be working fine so I can't really figure out what the problem is. If anyone here has a solution or an idea it would be great, thanks.

that is an absolutely terrible card. u should have asked us before buying that. switched my FX5200 to the 6600LE and what a difference.

have u gone to nvidia.com and updated to the latest forceware? when the program freezes up like that, it sounds like a video card problem. could be a heat problem. what do ur gpu temps look like?

Is the 6600LE for PCI? If so does it have S Video out and works pefrectly with MCE PCs without any freezing or lag?

Radeon 9250

u don't have an AGP slot? this PCI card is perfect for what you need. i also have one of these and no problems whatsoever. make sure to completely uninstall your nvidia drivers before putting an ATI card in

Is your screensaver enabled? Maybe it's kicking in and locking things up? Especially if your screensaver runs at a different resolution than what your tv-out is set to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom