Geforce experience wont open and nvidia icon missing from notification tray.

Poizen22

Camera junky
So I recently updated to geforce experience 2.1 at the same time I downloaded the new nvidia beta drivers 340.43. The first thing I noticed is my nivida icon disappeared from my task bar tray. I open the nivida control panel and see under desktop tab that the show notification tray icon is highlighted. I also checked my windows control panel and it is also indicated to show up there, how ever in the control panel it is missing the logo. My second problem is geforce experience will not open up at all. I click the progam and nothing happens I check my task manager and under the processes tab GFexperience is running. I close it then right click the app and run as administrator exact same result. I used display driver removal tool from guru3d and removed the driver in safe mode and ran a clean install back to 337.88 and I still do not get the icon and geforce experience still will not open. This is very important to me right now as the steam summer sale has started I have many games I need to add to the geforce experience so I can enjoy these games on my shield.

Everything else in the system is working absolutely fine I have no anti virus installed but did run a Malware bytes scan just to be sure there is no virus behind the problem it came up clean. Please help I dont know what to do short of reformating. :(

when i try just uninstalling the experience without the driver sweeper it freezes at about 70% of the way i walked away for 2 hours came abck and it didnt even move i had to control alt delete to close the uninstaller.

You need some way to get rid of it then. I would uninstall all Nvidia stuff, use Revo to remove Experience, then install the driver package again. I had this same damn issue and it just reminds me of having an ATI card again.

Turns out I had a virus that spybot search and destroy picked up that malwarebytes didn't (thanks for the recommendation life hacks) but no software could remove it I bought a copy if windows 8.1 pro from a website for 50$ that came highly recommended on Tom's hardware forums (the type of website that looks shady but wasnt) and put the instal on a USB 3.0 stick took less than 10 minutes to format and instal on my ssd and I have to say glad I did love windows 8.1 and it was incredibly easy to install. Sad I had to format but at least I went the right way about it and upgraded at the same time. Either way I am a happy camper.

It's interesting you had a virus because I had the same issue but didn't have any form of ****ware on my machine. I just wish somebody would mod the classic theme back into 8.1 so I can use my damn legit software :lol:

there is i remember when I worked at futureshop (bestbuys canadian daughter company) we used to convert windows 8 back to windows 2000 for older clients who couldn't understand windows 8.1 for the life of them. I really am enjoying windows 8.1 especially for a gaming machine i like having the metro tiles for all my games.

There isn't anything that doesn't just use a pre-existing start menu program then switch the colors back. I want a classic theme that mimics what 7 has and so far nobody has been able to do this besides trick the OS into going into compatibility mode which shows the classic theme for a little bit but with limited functionality.

Turns out I had a virus that spybot search and destroy picked up that malwarebytes didn't (thanks for the recommendation life hacks) but no software could remove it I bought a copy if windows 8.1 pro from a website for 50$ that came highly recommended on Tom's hardware forums (the type of website that looks shady but wasnt)

Next time your unsure of any website selling microsoft windows product keys.
Search for the key on google, bing and use advance search.
If the product key comes up on any site its not legit screen shot it and get your money back while reporting them to MS.

Purchase Antivirus and Security Software from ESET

Keep this as well after 30 days its 39.99 for 1 year it should be able to pick up on any virus/malware infections.

Back
Top Bottom