Geforce 6600 GT overheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaBubby

Solid State Member
Geforce 6600 GT overheat? UNSOLVED

I've reformatted my computer, and installed the latest drivers and all of that crap, and my games run at 10-30 FPS, when they used to run at 60 all of the time.

The temp of the CPU goes up from 50-60 to 70-80 after playing games, and the top of the graphics card gets quite hot too.

Would 70-80 be hot for an Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.00 ghz, with hyperthreading? Would turning hyperthreading off help? Has the Geforce 6600 GT known to overheat on a P4S800 mobo? It has restarted a few times due to overheating while I'm playing my game.

Any ideas on how to cool it down if the gfx card is overheating? I plan to have this computer for a while, so can anyone help me?

If you mean fans that blow out the back, yes I do, two of em, but they aren't very strong.

EDIT: These fans are messed up, half of one blows out and the other half blows in, and the other one doesnt do anything at all. And I keep the side off of my computer, because thats just how cool I am.

EDIT2: Well theres a dumb grate behind the fans, so they hardly blow anything in/out. And I have a fan in the front that blows air in but my HDD is right in front of it, blocking the air. And the grate is curved down, so all of the air being blown out gets pushed down.

Without the grate the one of the fans seems to be really strong, and the other one is okay.

Bump, can anyone help me? Should I remove the grates? I don't like getting inside my computer all that much, cause' I'm not a very delicate person.

I already did that, because thats the first thing I do when my computer starts showing signs of overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom