Gateway NV54 No boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

iheartmyed9

Beta member
Hi all im new to this forum but am asking some help. I have a Gateway NV54 that will not turn on. Laptop seems to be getting power from the adapter but am not getting power to the laptop, no hard drive whirr, no lights nothing. Ive used to hearing a fault beep when there a hardware failure so im kind of stumped. Best Buy suggested it might be the mobo and repair and replacement would reach 400+. Im more than capable of changing the motherboard, as long as this particular laptop does not have some kind of strange hurdles but ime wouldnt the laptop at least try to power on?

Don't trust Best Buy. They always rip you of money.

Does it turn on with the battery out? Could be just a PSU problem..

No, it does not boot with the battery out. The only light on it is the blue battery charging light, other than that no reaction. One thing when i did receive it the light on it when plugged in was red... now its blue. The power button is built into the side, a poor design indeed... anyone suspect that maybe its the power button? i might crack it open and check the button to see if its indeed getting power to turn the laptop on.

I swear it's your PSU, though. The part where the AC cord connects to the laptop. Might need to solder that again.

id assume if it was the power supply connection that the charge light would not come on, correct? id like to see it be something as cheap as the power connector, that would really make this repair more profitable. Also, if you still think its the psu explain why, im not trying to sound rude just learning! and thanks for your help!

I am working on the same laptop with the same symptoms... I took your advice and resoildered the dc plug... no change in status...my next step will be to bypass the SW.

I bypassed the p SW with a small screw driver and WALA the power is on.
Problem solved
Need a new SW

@ The Wizard, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom