Gateway motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

grejenash

Beta member
Bought gateway lx6810-01 desktop and I'm sure you all know what happened after few months. Would overheat and shut down. Ok, so installed some case fans which was'nt to difficult. Fired it up and mouse would not work. Took to local tech and he said bad motherboard. I tried to be extremely carefull during install, so don't know if i ruined the board or not. Anyways my question is: Do i have to get a direct replacement from gateway or can i use another board, let's say like biostar. I'm not to computer savy when it comes to Internals or repair. I did call gateway and they wanted me to send it in, but i've read many a horror story about that and refuse to do so. I would like to get new board and have tech install. Any help would be greatly appreciated........and by the way, probably my last gateway purchase!

Welcome To TF!

Overheating is easy to fix. You just need a better heatsink, rather than the default ones. Thermal paste is needed for this for better cooling. Case fans are not the only factor.

If the motherboard works, gets pass BIOS, logs into windows, the board isn't the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom