GATEWAY 3210 MEMORY 1GIG UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWENDELLLANE

Beta member
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of assistance, I am Trying to help this lasy out with her laptop. It is a Gateway MX3210. It is a older model put out in '06. I am trying to upgrade her Memory Module from 256Mb to 1GB. PNY says that I have the right one. But when I put it in, the lights come on but no boot screen. I put the 256MB Memory Module back in and it works fine. I have read many on this topic with no answers to complete. Waiting on Gateway from one of their Techs. I have been doing this work for a long time, and this one got me. I have many others waiting to hear an answer from me.

I need someone else that can teach me something it looks like. Thats why i love this field. We never stop learning.

Thanks everyone that may be able to help, and I am sure that elderly lady will appreciate it too.

Respectfully,

Wendell

Firstly, before I say anything, please don't post in capitals. It makes it harder to read and looks like you're shouting at us.

Anyway, have you tried a different 1GB stick of RAM? Perhaps the one you tried was misfunctional.

what type of ram was the original 256mb stick?
According to Gateway it is this: 256MB (1x256) 533MHz DDR2

what type of ram is the 1gb stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom