gaming problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhMassacre

Baseband Member
hey, im new here, but i came to this forum because i was told it would be the best choice to go to and receive an answer.

everytime i play a game, any game, about 20 minutes in, sometimes earlier, and sometimes not at all...(seemingly random) the game sound lags, the video lags, and the game is unplayable.

then from there, i exit out of the game, and all audio/video on my computer is messed up.
its as if some driver crashed or something..

i have to restart my computer, and everything is fine again,but it makes it impossible to get far in a game, ever.

i am running windows 7, but had the problem on vista also.

any help is appreciated.

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

Now to be able to help we need a bit more info. What are your system specs? What video card do you have and driver version? What games? I know you said any game, but can you give like 3 or 4 examples?

It certainly sounds like a driver related issue.

I have a nvidia 9800 GTX running the latest driver (i dont know where to check the driver version but I am 100% sure its the latest)

it has happened it call of duty - world at war, prototype, wolfenstein, crysis, crysis wars, etc.

i don't understand why it happens, but i'd sure like it to stop.
any help is appreciated.

To check the driver version open the Device Manager. Start>Right click on Computer>Manage. In the left pane select Device Manager. There click on the Video Adapter and double click on the video card. Click the driver tab. The last 5 digits are the driver version.

Have you checked the temps of the card? Are you sure that there isnt a problem with the card in general? Have you got the ability to test this with a different video card?

To follow along Mak's path, what are the rest of the system specifications? As for the games, what are the graphical settings for the games? These 9800GTX is a good card, but can't max everything out, and if you're trying to you could be running out of VRAM which would cause similar issues. What version of the 9800GTX do you have (512MB/1GB)? What audio adapter do you have? Is it onboard, or an external card? If it's onboard what motherboard do you have?

EDIT : Download GPU-Z. http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ Run it while playing the games to measure the card's temperature. To do this, you'll need to go to the Sensor tab, and click the "Continue refreshing this screen, while GPU-Z is in the background". Run the game until you get to the problems, and check the temperatures. As soon as the games mess up, go into the device manager, and check to see if the driver is still running for the graphics card.

okay, ill try the GPU-Z program.
heres the driver info though.

4KHw1

and i play the games at the recommended settings they have for my card.
it is the 1gb version.

it happened.

all my stuff in gpu-z was maxed out, the fan speed was high along with the temperature.
my solution was to go into the device manager and disable/enable the device to get it working again.

is there any fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom