GAming PC: Bonked out (symptoms)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshchops

Beta member
My son's gaming PC (after his countless hours of digital bliss) has bonked out on him. It has just stopped booting up.

The symptoms are pretty much:

While usual gaming he said it was taking extra long, excessively long to load gaming levels (I believe "Farcry" levels). He shut it down and it hasn't booted up since.

When we boot up it gives the beep (DOS?) and then shows the first data screen... I believe it's the RAM stats / status screen. However, when it shows the text readouts... the text appears chopped up as it has streaks in it, almost unledgible. From here you can tell something is wrong.

From there it goes to all balck screen, never to further boot.

I broke everything down, cleaned it up and gave it another go. After doing so, it made it to the next boot-up screen (I believe the one w/ video card etc.), but like the RAM one, it was all kinda jumbled and almost unreadable. After that, it went all black again.

Seems to me something has bonked out but I wouldn't know where to begin. I'll spare all of the harware specs, but can say it's comprised of your basic custom gaming PC stuff. About 2GB of RAM, Nice video card, P4 and so one. If any specific specs are needed to know, I'll be happy to help, just asked,

Does anyone know what causes the chopped up boot screens = black screen incomplete boots?

Thanks a ton!
C

it may be the graphic card...is the graphic card on board...if not take out the graphic card and plug in the one thatz on board...it everything is fine then thatz the problem, the graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom