Gaming Lags or Just Shuts Down. I'm Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Well my computer runs fine, top notch and get 90-110FPS in every game I play all on High.. no problem.

My fathers computer on the other hand seems to hate games.

His Specs:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
3 Gigs DDR333 Ram
XFX 8600GT Video Card
Thermaltake 500W Powersupply
AMD X2 Dual Core 4200+ Processor

His Monitor:
Chimei 22" LCD Widescreen (1680x1050 60hrz Refresh)

He tries to play Call of Duty 4 on 1024x768 (Same as me, same monitor as me) with normal graphic settings or low graphic settings (Game should support Normal/High) yet he lags around the map. He turned his Firewall & Antivirus off (EZTrust is known to lag COD4) yet still it happens.

Then he went into Unreal Tournament 3 Demo today after downloading it to see if it lags and played it fine. He quit, went back to play and it now throws an "Encountered an Error, Send Report" Windows Error when it goes to main screen.

His Graphics Drivers are upto date with the Forceware 163.75 off of the nVidia Website.

Figured this was more of a Hardware issue than a Gaming Discussion, hence I put it here.

Please, any advise would help wonders!!

Thanks,
Kyle & Mike

He downloaded the most recent nForce drivers for his motherboard and it seems to be working now.

He originally used the motherboards disc drivers, guess it was actually conflicting with the GPU

Try a fresh install of Windows...maybe on another drive temporarily just to verify if it makes a difference or not. His hardware looks fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom