Gaming crashes :<

Rhizzle

Beta member
FYI: I am not great with computers, I'm actually rather useless, so if you need me to do something technical you'll probably have to guide me through it. Sorry about that.

Recently, my brother offered to give me his graphics card because mine was relatively old and due for an upgrade. He simply just took out his graphics card and power supply, and swapped them with mine so that my computer would be able to run games at higher graphics. I first tried League of Legends and brought all the settings up to maximum and the game was fine, no problems at all.

After that I decided to try out Skyrim, because with my graphics card, my computer was unable to run it well and the game constantly looked as if it was twitching. It was fine for about 3 minutes, then out of nowhere, both monitors went black and it seemed as if the computer had just crashed, however it hadn't. The computer was still on and running, just the monitors had seemed to have crashed. I assumed it was just an issue with Skyrim and left it for another day. So, I restarted the computer, and tried to load up Diablo 3 to increase the graphics and the same thing happened again. It was completely fine and smooth for a few minutes, no problems at all, and again both monitors just went black and lost connection. These are the only games I've tried with it so far.

I don't know if it's an issue with those two in particular, because as I said, League of Legends was perfectly fine. Thanks in advance for any help.

What GPU and Power Supply were installed in your computer?

Please also post the rest of your specs.

Did you install the latest drivers from nVidia's or AMD's website?

Also, check your temps with something like HWMonitor during the game.

GPU = ASUS Radeon HD 7890
Thermal Take = 875 watts

Specs =
-Intel core i5
-8gm Ram
-2TB Hard drive

Yes I have installed the latest drivers.

The temps are fine.

Open up Event Viewer and go look under the System and Application sections. Look around the time that Skyrim/Diablo 3 crashed and see if there any errors or warnings that popped up during those times.

Back
Top Bottom