Games/firefox crashing please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
So last week I found out that I had virus so I bought/installed a new copy of Win 7 home premium. I thought that deleting the partition and reinstalling the OS would fix it... well it did for awhile but now I will be playing Eve Online and it crashes... Sometimes firefox will crash as well... I have a main drive and back up drive. Main drive is Caviar Black 640gig and storage is 1TB caviar black... Is this a HDD issue and if so what should I go with? It could also be a Video card issue? Would buying an SSD as a boot drive then getting a new back up/game drive be the way to go? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance...

Do you get a BSOD with error stop code by chance, do this for me so I can see whats going on please.
Go to start, type event viewer and hit enter, go to the tab that says windows log, and click on system.
Note to me anything that has a red x by it that is frequent, if it's a hdd error it will show it and show how many times it will be doing this.

Does just the application crash, or does the whole computer crash?

Do what Mike suggested and check the Event Viewer. If there are HDD errors, post them up so we can see what kind of errors they are.

Do any other applications crash? Have you gotten all of your drivers up to date from the manufacturer website?

Also, I assume your avatar is Guts from Berserk, right?

I did the event viewer and it comes back as red! Error and the source is Kernel-Processor-Power. It shows this as a crap ton...

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 6/30/2011 7:08:15 AM
Event ID: 35
Task Category: (2)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Guttzu
Description:
Performance power management features on processor 6 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

Just the applications crash.... Drivers like chipset drivers and HDD drivers?

Yes it is Guts from Berserk!!! Awesome anime!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom