Games Constantly Crash My Brand New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey again folks,

So, temperatures are fine near as I can tell...nothing feels hot, i have 2 large case fans as wel as the normal cpu and gpu fans, just dusted the system and it's a nice airy case so i dont think it's overheating.

I installed that drivers program, ran it for ati drivers. Tried running a game...crash after a few minutes.

Starting to think I should take this into the guys i bought it from but man it's a hassle.

Any further ideas? oh and antec, i wish that was my problem but nothing in my system is overclocked. also thanks again for offering all the help folks!

Hmm that's a very good PSU. Good choice. So it wouldn't be that...

Have you tried stress testing? Not gaming just purely stressing the system.

Well,

When I initially bought the system I had a stress test program that ran for about 24 hours that found no problems. Unfortunately I no longer have the program or even recall the name.

any suggestions for a free one that i could run for a day or two?

I wouldn't rule out RAM just yet. Try taking out all but one 2GB stick. Load up Windows and play some games. If it doesn't crash, shutdown and swap that RAM with another 2GB stick. Keep going until you find an error or a crash and that will be the RAM at fault.

It could be you need a BIOS update to fully support 8GB of RAM on your PC. Also, may I ask what other hardware you purchased, what brand the RAM and mobo are, and if that is $1600 USD? That seems awfully over priced for a rig using just a Core 2 Quad 8300 and an HD 4850. That is unless you purchased a giant monitor, gaming keyboard and mouse, and software included in that $1600.

Hey again folks.

Paton thanks for the program name. I am downloading it now and wil run it this evening.

Surge if the prime 95 thing finds nothing I will start removing ram and trying that. I should point out I bought the rig with 8 gigs of ram installed so I don't think the bios needs an update, though admittedly I have no idea how to go about finding that out

As for the 1600, my mistake after looking at my credit card info online the rig was 1300 CDN, that's with vista 64 bit a gaming mouse and gaming keyboard and some labor costs for my old rig.

I called the company i bought it from (nxic.ca) and they informed me I should bring it in, but they said they want the receipt...which i can't find since we moved last month. I am going to make a huge racket in the store if they don't honor my warranty. He said they only keep transactions on record for two months but I think that's BS.

Anyways, I'll update you folks tomorrow with the prime thing and if that doesn't sort out what my problem is then I'll start removing ram and seeing if that works. thanks for sticking it out with me everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom