Gamepad troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
When I'm playing games with a gamepad the screensaver activates after 20 min. I found out that my computer doesn't allow my gamepad to wake the computer up unlike my keyboard and mouse.
In device management the mouse and keyboard have a power managment option in properties and have allow this device to wake up the computer selected.
My gamepad is located in Human intervace devices - HID-compliant game controller but there is no power management tab to turn on wake up option.
Anyone know how to change this? It's pretty annoying having the screensaver activate in the middle of a game.
I'm using my ps2 gamepad with a ps2 gamepad usb converter.
OS is Vista Ultimate x64

I don't have a clue how to change this. I haven't used a gamepad in a long while and I don't use Vista natively. I've never had this issue either, I thought the setting was just automatic. If no one gives you a good answer I suppose the best work around would be to turn off the screen saver while playing games.

Yep, that's exactly the workaround i've been using but it's not the optimal solution.
Many pc games are played with keyboard and mouse so it's not a really big problem but some are better played with a gamepad...

That's very strange. What kind of game pad is it? I have a gamepad that I use for Madden (with Vista), and I often play for an extended period of time and this hasn't been a problem for me.

You can try going into Device Manager and going to the Human Interface Devices section. Under where you see your controller named (there should be two) right click on it and click properties. Go to the Power Management tab and check off the box that says "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby". See if that works.

You can try going into Device Manager and going to the Human Interface Devices section. Under where you see your controller named (there should be two) right click on it and click properties. Go to the Power Management tab and check off the box that says "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby". See if that works.

That's exactly what i tried to do but there's no power management tab option, only general, driver and details.

Btw it's not the screensaver but it's the power option: turn off display... which is basically a screensaver... but not really ;) So momentarily set it to never

Anyways for the other question, like i said, I'm using a ps2 gamepad conferter with my playstation gamepad.
I'm using the Vista driver which installs automatically. Haven't installed the driver that comes with the converter since it's for XP and not Vista.

Installing driver didn't work.
I guess I'll just turn off "turn off display" option.

It's a generic item without a brand. Bought a few years ago. I did search for it before asking here but I only found 1 driver for vista 32 bit and that one didn't work.
When searching for a solution, the problems other people encountered were that it didn't work on vista. Mine works on vista (no rumble though, need driver for that) but just doesn't have the ability to wake up the display.

Turning of turn off display isn't so bad. Screensaver is worinkg properly and i can turn off my sceen manually if I leave for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom