Game restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana728

Baseband Member
Ok, recently my computer has been rebooting while playing games, and only games (World of Warcraft and Counter-Strike). But it still restarts. Its not overheating my temps are fine. Sometimes I can play for 2 hours sometimes for only 5 min. Im running a Compaq Presario with an
Allieo 450w
nVidia 5700LE
512 MB RAM
AMD Athlon XP 2200+

any help would be appreciated. :)

I would take a look and see how fragmented your hard drive is...if it needs, defrag...that will improve the stability of your machine.

Even if the drive is heavily fragmented, that shouldn't make it restart. My guess is either a DirectX driver issue, or an overheating issue, or maybe even a PSU issue. Check those things and see if that helps. Is your PSU the original?

No, we've had our power supply replaced, (it got owned by a hurricane, i live in Florida) I've reinstalled Direct X 9.0c 2 times and it still quits on me, but my temps are fine and this ha never happend before.

Nope, I dont even get a BSOD or anything in the event log, I even have automatic shut-down off.

cause the only time i had a problem like that, was when it was overheating, but it wouldn't restart, it would just turn off. No blue screen, no logging off, just BAM off, so i dunno man, you got me stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom