game performance - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

yes, the lastest ones one evgas site, also the newwest bios for the card. new idea, is 480W trueblue antec enough for the card?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

should my opinion unless your runnin a lot of fairly heavy duty hardware you don't need more than 480w unless your running sli. you have plugged in the pci-e power right?

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

does it happen with fraps off?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

The grass poping up as you get closer is quite normal when your settings are on low... but when i play they dont seem to pop up.. (as often).

Type playing without AA on 4x and turn everything to high.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Just to let you know... I myself have this awesome game, but when I run it, it doesn't seem to do this. What it might be is that i have 2 Gigs of RAM... the game it's self uses like 800-900 megs on full settings. I only had system processes and battlefield 2 memmory and my system was using 1.1 gigs of ram... so that might be it...

The game might be trying to automatically lower your settings because it knows it's running out of RAM
Old 01-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hm... Im thinking this is a ram issue as it would make sense. High fps but the quality is bad because my comp is unable to have all the textures on file because I dont have enough ram. I think Ill pick up some memory instead of buying COD2 and BF2:SF
Old 01-10-2006, 06:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

As I said above. Minimum of 2 gigs for BF2. It took some convincing but you have come to the right decision!

Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.
Closed Thread