Game Crash: CS:GO, ALT-TAB crashes the system.

venge

Beta member
Greetings people,
-> I've recently bought a brand new computer which I assembled myself. This computer consists of an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0, an AMD FX 4350, an ASUS AMD R7 260X GFX card, and two dual channel connected Kingston HyperX @ 1866Mhz 4GB each (can post timings if needed). The system is a Windows 7 64bit professional legit installation. The drivers installed are the latest I found from ASUS support page (including sound) and AMD correspondingly. I haven't overclocked this machine yet, so the clocks are the standard ones.
-> What is the problem now. When I play CS:GO *SOMETIMES* (after some game time, after many alt tabs like 40-50 i tested) when I alt tab, the screen goes black, the last 400-500ms of the last mixed sounds repeat indefinetely (or until I reset my pc :lol: ), ->although<- background tasks seem to operate correctly. I can hear my friends from skype, or teamspeak, and the HDD led is operating normally. And NO key combinations seem to work, ctrl-alt-del, alt-f4, super-button, ctrl-shift-esc, NO one.
-> What I did. Bios Update to the latest: asus included some new nice things, found my USB sticks in bios but nothing more. Re-installed gfx drivers, you know it's futile, but for a reason you do it. Ran CS:GO with a window mode option, and yes once again... the error. I also kept a log with -condebug from cs:go console. No info except the last damage people gave me in the map. I ran a memory test, and... completed succesfully. I saw the temperatures and both gfx and cpu were around 55-60 C. I saw the logs of windows, and had no system fatal errors. I was hoping everytime, in every test to find an error, somehow, somewhere and say ah... THAT IS! But nowhere... Really the silence of this machine is amazing...

To validate the extreme case of this problem, I installed steam on ubuntu 14.10 and it stuck exactly like in windows 7. This is a serious incompatibility hardware issue for sure.

Do you have any similar experiences/ideas?
Best Regards,
venge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom