*gag* Annoying Keyboard problem, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albertine

Beta member
The problem is this: hitting the ' key (single apostrophe) once, nothing happens.

The next button I press does nothing, unless it's another apostrophe, then it makes quotes.

I HAVE to hit the ' key twice, to make quotes, then backspace to create a single apostrophe, to type any words like: can't, don't, ain't, or for shizza' ma' nizza', etc. :angry:

Here's the weird issue: I have tried 3 different Windows keyboards, inculding USB and old school. They all function perfectly on other systems, but all have the same problem through this motherboard. Three words: W. T. F.

I had an issue with disabling F-lock on the original USB keyboard, it seemed to have frozen up until I removed it and plugged in a new one. After putting it back in, this problem was gone but the apostrophe thing stuck around for every keyboard.

Being a tech writer, you can imagine how incredibly annoying this is. Is there some windows setting I missed in the control panel, something blatantly retarded I'll be embarrassed about later?

Or should I just take a machete and start cutting my computer up?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom