G15 2. lousy keystroke detection. mod fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Yo, i've had the 2nd gen g15 for a couple weeks now, and i've noticed the keypress detection is terrible. I can actually hold the keys down and and wont register the fact that ive pressed the key at all unless some pretty sizable force is applied. on my old saitek, when the button was pressed.. it was pressed. end of story.

I'm just wondering if I could somehow mod the keys to work a bit better.

The idea I have is to just pop off the keys, and harden a dab of superglue to the bottom, to lenthen the key a bit. It's only a major issue for a few keys. Ctrl, spacebar mainly. really aggrivating haha.

anyhow think itd work? I don't want to go dabbing superglue under my keys without any feedback lol.

and yes i'd let it dry first ; ; oh thatd be bad lol.

I really recommend calling logitech tech support or whatever... One time i called them and asked them the best method for removing cat hairs from my keyboard because my cats like to sleep on things that glow, and they just sent me a whole new keyboard...

I wasn't about to argue...

o_O I never really heard of a bad keyboard so the thought never crossed my mind. I'll mail them about it then.

and drizz, that animation in your sig is hilarious XD

What colour keys does your keyboard have?
Blue or Orange.

If it the blue keyboard with 15 Gaming Macro Keys on it, then it's a problem with the keyboard. I have replaced my G15 Keyboard 3 times under the warranty period for the same reason.

Currently have the orange keyboard with only 10 Macro Keys on it, and I have not had any problems with it.

orange. the left ctrl button is pretty much useless. which is a button i happen to have a lot of use for. Logitech told me to try it on another pc, if still having problems they'll replace it.

Tell them its broken , get a new one. You shouldn't need to test a gaming a keyboard , you bought a solid keyboard and it should get your tasks done.

Tell them its broken , get a new one. You shouldn't need to test a gaming a keyboard , you bought a solid keyboard and it should get your tasks done.

of course you should have to test the keyboard. if the keyboard isn't faulty then it's not the keyboard causing the problems. therefore replacing it isn't going to solve squat.

i have the g15 'Refresh' as well. it's been solid for me, i've never had any issues with keystrokes other than occasionally missing the left ctrl or esc key for a macro key instead.

lol i occationally miss the esc button and hit the macro as well. Just used to sliding to the top corner.

I pretty much have to put left ctrl through the desk before it registers :S good thing i still have the saitek lying around for backup while i send this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom