'Fuzzy' screen, then on/off, then nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuleMarine

Beta member
OK, just built my own system, have fair-good cpu skills. I have the M2n32-sli Deluxe Mobo with NVIDIA 7950GT, 2 gig RAM, AMD 64 processor. I completed my build 3 days ago and everything ran perfectly. Yesterday I left my cpu for a while, when I returned I noticed certain, random area's of the screen where fuzzy, or "sandy" for lack of words. It was very erratic and random, maybe staticky is a better word. Anyway, I attempted a reboot and before the cpu could complete it's POST test the screen was completely illegible, then random blocks everywhere. I quickly turned my cpu off and waited a few minutes, again I tried to reboot and I got 4 beeps and no screen, the monitor wouldn't even turn on. I tried a second monitor thinking it may fix the problem, but it didn't. So I shut it off and decided to try again the next morning as it was kind of late. The next AM I boot up the cpu and everything ran fine for about 5-10 minutes, then the same process started all over again. I tried Asus customer service over the phone, but that was pointless. I tried unplugging the power supply and all my peripherals, but nothing seems to help. Anyone have any thoughts on what's happening? It seems to be more of a video card issue to me, but I'm not real sure since I"ve never experienced anything like this. Please help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom