funny alarm from mobo, cant figure out why - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to axiomflash
Default funny alarm from mobo, cant figure out why

I keep getting random alarms from my motherboard and can't figure out why. Sometimes my computer starts up and they go off 10 hours later, sometimes they start 5 seconds after I start the computer on. I get no postcode error when they happen, and the computer continues to work. Also, removing any hardware or devices doesnt seem to affect the occurence of the alarms. I pretty much can't trace it to anything and am lost ( Have checked the Abit manual and resources to no avail

Motherboard is Abit AV8, has worked great for me for two years but suddenly started this over the past 2 weeks. Hard drives are wiped clean and I still get this alarm during install

It seems that any part on my computer could be bad and I don't know how to trace it back to the part that needs replacing.

Please help!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

check the BIOS could be CPU fan set to alarm if the temp hits a certain time.

Also sometimes the alarm goes off because the CPU temp takes awhile to kick in. Worth looking into anyway.
Closed Thread