Functioning HDD, receives message on boot: reboot and select proper boot device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoXstar

Beta member
I had a problem with the SATA-HDD, and formated and installed windows on a different computer, everything works find on the other computer, but when I moved the HDD to the right computer, when the HDD is supposed to load windows, this message appears: Press <ESC> to boot 6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... And after that, another message appears: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

I don't got a clue to how to solve this problem ... why won't windows load? ... Should I maybe re-set the bios?

I have this same issue. I loaded WINXP on a sata drive then swapped MB / CPU/ ram. Now every other boot the system does not detect the drive (bios does not see it) then it won't load windows obviously. If I reset a few times it might come back - might not. Drive is good - its like the cmos is not having time to recognize drive? Will boot up pre delay fix this?

Its isn't very wise to do the installs this way. When you install in one computer it loads files for the system it installed in. Like motherboard drivers and drivers for what ever is in that computer.
So when you put it in another computer its looking for the drivers from the first system. I've been able to boot a system or two doing this but its always problematic at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom