Fullscreen video odd lag

LifeAsAaron

Solid State Member
I just built a new rig and was watching a movie when I noticed a little big of lag for a second. At first I thought I was imagining it but then like 15 minutes later again a the video lagged for 1 second. Sound doesn't lag, just video. It happens randomly throughout movies, sometimes twice in 10 minutes, sometimes 5 times through an entire movie. Never seems to happen very often (more thatn once each 5 minutes). Also it happens during fullscreen youtube videos the same way, sometimes it won't happen but when I watch say a 10 minute full screen youtube video it lagged once 7 minutes in for 1 second the video was choppy then fine, this is only a quick 1 second delay/bad frame rate type lag. Any ideas? I play video games and they don't lag, it's only with movies.

Is this problem only with streaming video or with local video also? What are your specs?

Is this problem only with streaming video or with local video also? What are your specs?

Both streaming and local downloaded videos.
Specs are: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE Oc'd to 3.7ghz
8GB 1866mhz ram clocked at 14xxmhz
Asus Geforce GTX 470 1280MB 675MHZ
250GB SATA 7200RPM HD
ASUS M5A97 mobo
600W Corsair PSU
Asus DVDR/RW
CoolerMaster case
Using DVI to my Asus 24 inch monitor on native 1920x1080

I am running Win 7 64bit and running Nvidias newest beta drivers. - PS just updated to even newer beta drivers and haven't tried a video yet but will update soon

Back
Top Bottom