Full Screen Video Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0ntcar3

In Runtime
I just installed an Intel Core2 Duo e6600, ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard, Sapphire ATI X1950 XT Video, and 2 GB (1GBx2) of Corsair DDR2-800 Ram.

After playing World of Warcraft for a few days (which runs in Windowed mode by default on my system), I decided to reinstall Battlefield 2. After installation and update I tried to run the game. It started the EA intro video, then froze, and the computer restarted.

I tried to reistall my video drivers, tried three previous versions of the drivers, reinstalled BF2, and still nothing. I ran World of Warcraft again, and it was fine. So I ran a dxdiag, and didn't get any errors. I ran the Direct Draw test in dxdiag, and the first 2 tests were fine, but the third (which runs fullscreen while the first two do not) had the same issue as when I try to run BF2. So I started up WoW, changed it to full screen, and got the same issue.

I have updated everything I can think of but the chipset drivers. ASUS's download is going at 12 kb/s and the first time I did it the file was corrupt, so I am trying to download that again now. I have updated the BIOS, and reinstalled the latest video drivers.

If anyone has any suggestions for what I should try next I would appreciate the input.

Thanks in advance.

Small things that might be causing the problem that can be fixed...

- Reinstall DirectX9

- Unsure for your vid card, but if it has multiple video ports, try connecting your screen to a different one.

- Try re-installing your operating system.

- Instead of downloading the most recent drivers, you can try downloading drivers that have been released for a while and said by many to be stable.

Just some things that might help...good luck.

Nope, no Vista. I know this particular card has Vista issues that are very similar to the ones I am having though. Running XP Pro SP2.

I have exchanged the motherboard I was using, and I am still having the same issue with the new one (same model).

The card does have 2 outlets I will try the other one. I have also tried the current catalyst drivers as well as the 5 previous versions.

I just tried the other port on my video card, as well as a different DVI/VGA adapter.

I have reinstalled Windows several times, on 2 different HDDs. I have also tried two different monitors.

Another odd thing: When I got the new motherboard, I immediately ran the Direct 3D test in dxdiag and it worked the first time. Then, I changed the screen resolution, and tried it again, and it froze. I then set the screen resolution back to what it was the first time when it worked, and it froze again. I don't know if that is significant or not or if I just got lucky once.

Check your refresh rate and see if you can lower it a bit. Just a thought......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom