Full Red Screen (Not RSoD)

Viper0hr

Solid State Member
So I built my first computer for main use as a gaming PC.
I have had it built for about 2 or 3 weeks now and it runs great!
Only problem is once a few days after the build and just today I have had my whole screen go red and my sound for whatever is on atm distorts and just locks up and i have to turn my comp off or reset the comp. I had to do a startup repair today afterwards but everything's up and running, Also it happened both on the onboard graphics and on my GTX 680 so I don't think that's the issue. I heard that this can be the PSU and am stumped on what could be causing the issue. My RMA period ends in 3 days and I really need to figure out if I need to swap out or return anything!
Contacted ASUS tech support to see if it was Mobo they did'nt help at all, any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Specs:::
Sabertooth z77 asus
3770k ivy intel with coolmaster after market cooler
4x4gb ripjaw
coolmaster 850w psu
gtx 680 asus
120 ssd
1t 3gbps drive

I think your PSU is to blame. CoolerMaster is not rated as one that is good. While yes, it has the wattage you need, it may not have the amperage. Therefore it my not be constant power.

^Thats not correct, Coolmaster isn't top but its reliable.

I'd look into heat issues and/or memory problems.

Run furmark, prime95, and memtest86. Get Temperatures when running them.

I have seen a bad video cable from the pc to the monitor turn a screen red/pink before too. Move it around while connected and see if anything changes to your screen view

Maybe I should have reiterated. It's not the cable as I am using HDMi and have tried disconnecting and reconnecting during issue to try to resolve. the screen does not tint red it actually goes full red to where you cannot see anything and any audio gets distorted then stops. It's also not a heat issue, my room is a constant 25 C and my board has built in temp sensors and fans the whole thing case and board on average stays at 20-30 C CPU has never hit over 45C and my asus gtx 680 running max settings on BF3 does not go over 60C.
All 4 sticks of mem register and work fine, I really am stumped, and possibly screwed...

All 4 sticks of mem register and work fine, I really am stumped, and possibly screwed...

Do what joe said, replace the cable and try vga and see what magic happens.
If it were indeed a rsod in windows which very rarely seen, something maybe internally wrong with your board or cpu.

Fact is, no error stop on screen means its cable problem. :)

I will try changing my cables when I get back home from work, like I said in the title and post though, it's not a RSoD because there is no error at all, and it has happened alltogether only 4 times now with everyday gaming and computer use over a period of almost a month. Since i am using an HDMi cable I can try to switch it or use my DVItoVGA to see if that fixes it, though I will most likely just get a better quality HDMI since I am using a free $8 one from newegg. I don't wana loose my HD Vid and Audio...

Back
Top Bottom