Full processor.. cant click anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSase

Beta member
Yesterday, I turned on my laptop and all of a sudden nothing works. The processor icon thing is always green like it's doing something. It's like full CPU but I can't click on anything. I tried to open task manager to see if something is processing, but my task manager gets this "windows task manager had encountered an problem and needs to close" msg. I tried to open task manager in safemode, still error.

i did noticed when i was in safemode on my account, it didnt let me click anything or open anything, but when i was on the default admin account, it let me open up stuff like cmd prompt, regedit. however, it did not let me run msconfig or task manager as i still get the error msg. I thought it was my avg anti virus causing my max cpu and i uninstalled it, but found out it did nothing. Now, i have a laptop that can only run safemode on admin with no virus scanner or anything.
Sorry if i wasnt clear on my problem.

Is there anyway to fix this? Right after startup, the processor is always green and I can't click anything because it seems my cpu is at 100% use

you try restore option.
restrat the windows and press f8 and select safe mode with command prompt.
then type this,
c:/windows/system32/restore/restrui.exe

Sounds like you have a virus. Try to install malwarebytes and run in safemode.

If it is that bad and you can't click or run anything you'll have to try to restore the PC back to a date before you had this issue.

If this is XP you can do a repair on the operating system, that will rewrite all microsoft files while still keeping your files in tact.

Might wanna try a process killer. They have some pretty good ones out there for free. If you can kill the process that is dragging down your system then maybe you can get it running again. Sounds like you might have some form of malware kinda like security 2009 or something to the likes of that. There are some that are batch files so you could run from the command line.

My laptop boots up fine, but once it gets to the normal desktop screen, all it does is make click noises and the processor light is full on green. I even left it on all night to see if it will return back to normal, but it was still making clicking noises and still seem to be processing something.

I don't know what to do..I tried opening ie on safe mode all it does is freeze. Also tried avira rescue disk, it gives me a black screen.

I tried windows recovery console to see if I can repair anything, but I don't know what to repair. Is there a way to download a antivirus using cmd prmpt or cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom