Frustrating & Random Turning on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyn

Baseband Member
Yet another problem (this is defninitely not my week)
(specs a8n-sli deluxe mobo, athlon 64 3800+, Hiper 580w PSU, 1 Gb PC3200 Ram, Ati x800 GTO2, 80GB SATA HDD)

Basically, everything's in the case and connected, so I turn on the power (i.e. I turn on the switch at the back of the PSU) and before I've pressed the 'ON' button fans start spinning, then stop after a couple of seconds. It refuses to respond to me pressing the 'ON' button, both after it stops spinning and while it's spinning.

I hope yea olde forumites can help me out once again!
(at least this process is helping me learn this stuff, so that I, in turn, can help other young padawans to reach the state of PC troubleshooting euphoria)

Well some computers will do that when you first turn the power supply. But with no power when you push the power button is another thing. Is this a new custom built computer or has it been working and just stopped.

What I meant was that I turn the switch at the back of the PSU, so there is power going to the PC. But that causes it to just turn all the fans on for a little while rather then just doing nothing until I press the 'ON' button. :(

This is a new custom built computer, but i'd managed to get it to load the BIOS with just the CPU, a memory stick, and the graphics card outside the case with the same PSU. So when it did that I was happy and plugged all else in, then turned the switch on at back of PSU and does its random power sequence thing.

OK, resolved; it was just shorting against the case - when I undid the screws it was fine - showed stuff on the screen.

-BUT-

I turned it off happily, plugged stuff in and turned it on - but NOTHING WENT TO THE SCREEN. :s

Does it help that before it goes to bios, the CPU fan sounds different. Now it's just loud, but the sound doesn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom