Front audio not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
WEll, last night I went to plug my headphones into the front audio jack on my Antec 900, and no sound came from them, it was still coming from my normal desktop speakers. I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R mobo, Antec 900 case, and Win XP, and I connected the HD audio, rather than the AC'97 cable, to the F_AUDIO whilst building. Does the HD audio not support the front panel, whereas the AC'97 does? THanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Nevermind... fixed it... And I had AC'97 plugged onto the F_AUDIO on the mobo initially, and I just switched it to the HD plug, and now it works.

Lol, yeah, I figured I'd check it before anybody replied (really I shoulda tried that before I posted...). One other question though... Since I had the AC'97 instead of the HD plug initially...does AC'97 not support front audio if I have speakers plugged into the rear speaker port? Like, it doesn't automatically cut off the rear connection/transfter to the front audio?

Odd that mine wasn't working at all though...cuz I had it on AC'97 to begin with (and yeah, the connectoin was tight, I made sure to check everything when I first built it to avoid loose connections somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom