Fried mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fropez87

Beta member
Hi all-
I've come across quite a bit of a problem :(.

What are some common symptoms of a fried motherboard? I have NO integrated video on my Dimension 4500, so I have a blank screen on my monitor although I have tried 2 different AGP video cards. Is it possible that the AGP slot is busted without the mobo being fried? (I wish I had a PCI card) Can anyone suggest some tests that I can run to see if the mobo isn't functioning like it should. Thank you very much.

Fropez87 said:
Hi all-
I've come across quite a bit of a problem :(.

What are some common symptoms of a fried motherboard? I have NO integrated video on my Dimension 4500, so I have a blank screen on my monitor although I have tried 2 different AGP video cards. Is it possible that the AGP slot is busted without the mobo being fried? (I wish I had a PCI card) Can anyone suggest some tests that I can run to see if the mobo isn't functioning like it should. Thank you very much.
could be - I had a similar problem on my old SOYO Dragon Lite - computer wouldn't start up unless the video card had pressure upwards - the AGP slot was broken. New mobo solved that problem.

Describe what happens when you turn it on. Do fans spin? Any beep codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom