Fresh built computer driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmatt77

Solid State Member
I recently purchased an Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe mobo but found that the drivers were missing. I downloaded these drivers from the Asus site (Chipset drivers for XP, Sound drivers for XP) I installed them and attempted to install the drivers for my Nvidia GeForce 6600 LE SLI 256 mb video card. The card shows up with a yellow exclamation mark in my device manager. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but with no luck. I get a "This device cannot start" "code 10" error in the properties and I cant change the resource codes because it says "This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem"
I also have an unknown device in my device manager that I cant find the driver for because I dont know what it is. It must be for the mobo cause I dont have anything else hooked up yet. Maybe these two problems are connected. Is there some kind of driver to get the PCI-E to work?

Please help!!!!

Have you gone into the BIOS and checked that the PCI-E slot os enabled.Ive never had a PCI-E yet but im just grasping for an idea.What does the unknown item say. And where is it located.I think that is the key to your problem and i also think it a otherboard dirver missing.I would try to get the Mobo disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom