Frequency out of Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will938

Baseband Member
Ok, so I've got a 7800GT for a video card and if it helps my monitor is from Lite On Technology Corp. Model No. B1770NSL

When I had a Ti4200 and this monitor I could run C&C Generals just fine, now when I try to run that game I get a "frequency out of range" error. I installed First to Fight and got the same error, then I downloaded the latest drivers and it worked just fine. Then I installed SWAT 4 and got the same error.

So I guess my question is, is there any way around this without buying a new monitor.

If not what would you recommend for a nice gaming setup. CRT/LCD doesn't matter, 19" or maybe 21", less than $250

does windows identify the monitor as "plug and play monitor" ? if so obtain its driver (will prevent games to use unsupported refresh rates/resolutions)

jeremy said:
does windows identify the monitor as "plug and play monitor" ? if so obtain its driver (will prevent games to use unsupported refresh rates/resolutions)

Ok, so I downloaded/installed the driver and I still have the same frequency out of range problem.

Ive seen that happen on LCDs. We have that problem with a Linux box at work. It worked fine on a CRT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom