Freezing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderbox

Baseband Member
I build a computer about 3 months ago and its worked fine until i week or so ago.
It started freezing every minute or so and stay frozen for up to 5 minutes, i can move the mouse around but when i click sumthing it does not respond.
I reinstalled windows vista 64 bit and still have the same problem i think it may be the hd but im not sure.
Any ideas?

Unfortunately the freezing prevented me from trying yur above mentioned solutions so i restarted and now there is a message that says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Any Input? Not having my main computer is really iritating so any help is appreciated!

That message tells me there are issues with your hard drive as you suspected.

Unfortunately it is time for a new hd.

Alright guys well i reinstalled windows vista for a second time and it worked like new for maybe a month now the same problem freezing, a very long startup time(sumtimes i can leave it at the windows loading screen at night and it will still be there in the morning) so do you guys think it would be a good decision to invest in a new hd and if so what are sum reliable ones yall would suggest.

Your could try to run a chkdsk /r from the recovery console as a last ditch effort to save the drive.

If that does not work then get a new hd.
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
or a larger version if you want more space.

If you want an amazingly reliable drive, definitely grab that one Hefe linked. They are probably the best <1TB drives on the market.

EDIT: And if you want it a tad cheaper, you can grab the 16MB cache version. It will be slightly slower, but you probably won't even notice it.

Alright im pretty much tired of fooling with it so ill grab the 16MB cache version most likely.

Before i decide ive been looking at the Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb, is it as good performance wise as the 640gb and 1TB?

yes it is but for $5 more you can get an extra 140gb with the one I posted. The 640gb is the best price per GB out right now with the wd drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom