Freezing at the motherboard screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apnguyen

Beta member
Hey guys.

I built my computer about two years ago, but recently everytime I reboot my cpu freezes are the motherboard screen. The only way for me to get it to load all the way is flipping the battery supply switch off for about ten seconds and turning it back on.

I think I may have to replace my powersupply, but I'm wanting a second opinion.

Thanks.

Welcome to TF!

By motherboard screen, do you mean POST? Where it lists what you have in your computer? (CPU, RAM, etc.)

You might want to try removing the watch battery from your motherboard. Wait a few minutes, then pit it back in. This will reset your BIOS, which seems to be the problem.

I guess it would be the POST screen. It's the screen where i have the options to go to bios, etc etc.

I'll try that and see if it's fixed. Thanks!

I guess it would be the POST screen. It's the screen where i have the options to go to bios, etc etc.

I'll try that and see if it's fixed. Thanks!

Have you added any new hardware, or even software recently? I do not believe it is the power supply causing your problems, most likely BIOS as Master stated. If the suggestion Master made doesn't work. Try flashing the BIOS, with the same version as you have, or even a newer version.

I say the same version as you have, because it could have gotten corrupted, along the time, and since you know the BIOS works well with the computer (up until recently anyway), why chance that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom