Freezing, BSOD, and then Hanging

Ariakys

Solid State Member
Hey all,

First off, thank you for taking the time to answer all these problems. Very selfless of you.

BLUF: Frustration has set in. My computer will randomly freeze, BSOD, and then hand during POST boot at Auto-Detecting SATA Port 1.

This just started yesterday. I was playing some Guild Wars 2 and out of nowhere the game froze. Upon rebooting the computer, it hung at the detecting the SATA Port. Once it finally (about 20 seconds or so) passed this point it would BSOD during the Windows loading screen (exactly at the same point every time). I am currently typing on the same computer because I found a way to get back into Windows 7. I let the computer do the "Launch Setup Repair" option during boot and after not being able to detect any fixable problems, the computer would reboot and pass through the Auto-Detecting SATA Port 1 with no problems. This problem does not appear to be game related because it will happen while sitting idle. So if it happens as I type, I know exactly what will happen: Freeze, BSOD, reboot, hang, BSOD at Windows load, reboot, hang, select setup repair, reboot, get into Windows. Does this sound like a Motherboard problem? An SSD problem? Memory problem? or maybe just a Windows problem? Normally I would think it was a windows problem but the hanging at boot confuses me.

I have done the following so far:
- changed my SATA cable to my SSD
- switched my SSD with my old HDD with same results
- flashed mobo to most current BIOS

If I rambled, I apologize. It is hard to explain it without showing it and I am typing fast before it freezes again lol. Thank you for any help in advance.

My specs:
Case: CM HAF 932
CPU: Core I7-920
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
GPU: eVGA 580GTX
Mem: 3x2gb OCZ 1600
PSU: Corsair 750TX (750w)
SSD: Crucial M4 256gb

V/R
Ariakys

Last edited:
Update 1: I think it is my SSD. After switching it to SATA Port 5, it hangs during boot on this port. Before attempting to request a replacement, I updated the firmware. Still testing...

Last edited:
Update #2: After a few hours of gaming, all seems good ... I will update this again in the morning and let you know if this was the fix.

Update #3: I let the computer run all night and it had no issues. Looks like the firmware updated to the SSD fixed the problem! I am just posting this information in order to help anybody else who has similar issues in the future. Consider this SOLVED! :)

Back
Top Bottom