Freakin A can't get pc to boot off cdrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Just built my new pc today (the one in my sig). I went to install vista and it went fine till about 30% and BSOD. I reset cmos,rebooted and went into bios and put boot priority to sata cdrom. No matter what I do when it says PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD it goes straight to NO BOOTMGR press ctrl,alt,delete to restart. Even then when I do that it won't let me restart it. I've tried everything except for taking all my peripherals out except for my cd/dvd drive. Need help asap so I can start OCing the $hit out of this thing.

Do you have an IDE CD-ROM? SATA isn't as well supported in installers I don't think. You should also format the hard drive before trying again. Try booting up a Linux CD (Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu for a good one) and see if it works (don't have to install, but you can boot it up and use partition manager to format the drive). Then you can reinstall Windoze, but I'm not sure what the original problem was.

No its Sata. After the splash screen comes up where you can hit delete to go into bios. Its the next screen where I get stuck. I put cd dvd to boot first and when it restarts again, it asks me to hit any key to boot from cd dvd. I hit any button but it ignores me and tells me NO BOOTMGR. I've tried different XP and still the same thing. Usually you get a message like that if your install and/or windows is corrupted but I can't get it passed that point regardless of what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom