Fps problem after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

themainman62

Solid State Member
I recently upgraded my graphics card from a Sapphire 9600XT to a XFX 7600GT (AGP) and on some games I am not seeing any fps increase at all. However, in games I recently have installed after the upgrade it seems they run extremely well compared to how I would think the 9600XT would have ran them. I have run driver cleaner to get rid of the ATI drivers and installed the new Nvidia drivers. An example of the problem I am having is that I can run GTR 2 at 60-100 fps Max details while in GTR I am getting 20-25 fps. I installed GTR 2 following the upgrade, and GTR was there before. I have tried re-installing GTR, but there was no difference, I am having this same problem with Battlefield 2. I have tried various versions of Forceware and none seem to help. Any possible solutions to this problem?

My Specs:
Northwood P4 2.66 GHz Proc ( I realize this is a bottleneck, but I should still see increase in performance)
XFX 7600 GT
1.5 GB Corsair XMS RAM
Intel 865PE Mobo

Thanks.

I don't know anything about "GTR 1", but for BF2, try deleting your "optimized shaders".

Go to My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

Inside the "cache" folder, will be one (or more) folders with huge names. Delete the folders with long names, but don't delete the cache folder itself.

Start BF2 again and change video settings if you wish, and then load a map and they will optimize again and it should be fixed.

You may be able to do something similar with "GTR 1", but I've never played it.

I tried the fix for BF2, but it didnt work the shraders were optimized, but the FPS remained low around 25-30 FPS running med-high settings (the exact same my 9600XT was running). I have seen benchmarks for the 7600GT AGP where frames avg. 80 fps and never dropped below 60 at max settings, and the CPU in the test setup was not much better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom