Fps and lag proplem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzou

Baseband Member
Hello, i have a proplem and need help sorting it,
When i play games i seem every so often to lag and my frames per second drops just out of the blue this dosent always happen but around every 5-6 minutes. It mostly happens in First person shooter games Quake 2 - 3 -cs -dod etc when i get into a fire fight some times this happens, Im on a 2 meg connection and my downloads also dont seem to get a full connection, around 80-120kps im not far from my exchange .. i have a BT voyager 205 router and was thinking they all might need Portforwarding and though i'd seek adivce first. Is there a quicker way then portforwarding ? or another proplem.

Please help
Thank you

(this neva happen on dual isdn)

also , MY all seeing eye and Steam also lag
Steam wont let me join a game and say 2000 latency
Ase will refresh once then stops and i cant connect to anything for 5 minutes...
If this helps

I really doubt something is wrong with your download speed. having a 2 mb/s connection to the internet doesnt mean you're going to download things at 2 mb/s. You can but only if the server, or in Azeuruses case other clients allow you to. Plus you almost always connect to multiple places before reaching the destination sever which slows things down. As for the lag problem, what are we talking about here? Is it a breif lag and then back to normal or does it lag up and stay like that for the duration of the game? Newer games tend to "lag" up when you see new objects/effects that are not loaded into the RAM, im not sure how often it clears them but that could be what you are experiencing. Whenever i see a new model in a steam game my frames drop to like 10 for a few seconds then go back to normal.

"Newer games tend to "lag" up when you see new objects/effects that are not loaded into the RAM, im not sure how often it clears them but that could be what you are experiencing. Whenever i see a new model in a steam game my frames drop to like 10 for a few seconds then go back to normal."

Exactly that is what happens

"my frames drop to like 10 for a few seconds then go back to normal" but mines normaly 4-7fps

how can i stop this ? is ruining my Steam games and Q4

Err I think its impossible to stop that, aside from getting better and better ram speeds. Maybe theres a way to load things into RAM ahead of time, but other then that you just have to live with it. Evereryone I know gets this so I really wouldnt worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom