Formating my new 1TB HDD, but it's RAW format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Seagate 1TB 7200.12. Used for only 3 months, according to the guy on ebay i bought it from. It is formated RAW format. Looked like it mirrored itself n had over 4TBs. I deleted one of the partitions. Right now, im currently formatting it with Windows Vista. Taking forever :/. A message came up n said to backup my stuff or call manufacturer. I ignored it n just continued formating. It's long from done, but im worried. Am i doing anything wrong?

EDIT:

error came up again. Said there is a problem with the HDD n must backup to prevent information loss. What format freeware should i use?? Getting scared.

Grr it's giving me messages that it's bad. I cant stand it! Should i return it n get a refund? I have a CD here i can use later. Be back on later after work.

i need instructions to use gparted. Last time i used it, i said i needed a special burner or something to get it to work. Plz i need help!

Yeah, GParted is a Linux Live CD. It boots into a Linux GUI, and from there you can do whatever you want with it. I second the use of GParted. It hasn't failed me yet! Except when making partitions.. But everything else failed too, so yeah.

Yeah, GParted is a Linux Live CD. It boots into a Linux GUI, and from there you can do whatever you want with it. I second the use of GParted. It hasn't failed me yet! Except when making partitions.. But everything else failed too, so yeah.

what is the point of using a Linux Live CD when i cant even use partitions with it? I was planning on, well after formatting, partitioning the HDD with Windows Vista so i can install Windows 7 on that small partition. Maybe 35GB should be enough. Or would u guys recommend me a different solution?

What do you mean you can't use partitions with it? All Gparted does is disk management (partitioning, formatting, etc)

ok so i burned the ISO of gparted live. I'm on desktop, n i tried loading the drivers by browsing like as if im install Vista. I get nothing. NOTHING! Says no drivers. I'm stumped.

EDIT:

Hmm i will try to boot up the disc by restarting my PC then n try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom