Font on montior won't revert back to normal

Wildside

Hellfire!
Hey guys, long time, been busy with life but I need help from a mess that I dont know how to fix. First things first the situation. I moved my tower to my Samsung 40" 1080p for 2 weeks or so for entertainment thru HDMI. The fonts all grew big automatically, which i did not expect but none of the less I can see it better sitting far away from the TV. Today, I moved it back to my desk and hooked back up my monitor still thru HDMI. Now, the fonts across the display are either too small or too big and I can't fix it. Task bar icons went from big to small too. Here is what is going on with windows up to show examples:

Here is sample of Windows 8/8.1 normal desktop icons:

I need to revert the pic below again and I've tried everything that I can think of that would fix it but instead made it bigger and is at "default size" as settings show already. FYI, Nvidia released a software update called DSR a while back to down sampling a 4K res to a 1080p source to make the image look better without much having the GPU take such a hit on FPS like other down sampling software do. I isnt on and if I do turn it on, then everything goes really, really tiny.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
What's the resolution settings in the Nvidia control panel compared to the native resolutions of your monitor?
If your native monitor resolution is something like 1920 x 1080 then set the resolution in the Nvidia control panel to that same setting

nfomVpk.jpg

Last edited:
For the taskbar icons, that's a setting to change. Right click the Taskbar -> Properties -> uncheck "use small icons" and they'll restore to the larger size.

Similar with desktop icons. Right click your desktop -> View -> choose the size of icons you want.

I believed I may have figure out the problem on why the fonts are so small. The DSR feature I mentioned that I used on selected games to try out may have caused all this. I am attempting to uninstall and reinstall my graphics driver. Everything is small because it is 4k res being downsampled to 1080p when it shouldn't be doing this.

UPDATE:

Doing a clean installation of the drivers worked! I was right. Anyhow, yeah just an annoyance that is now cleared. I miss coming to Tech-forums often.

Last edited:
I believed I may have figure out the problem on why the fonts are so small. The DSR feature I mentioned that I used on selected games to try out may have caused all this. I am attempting to uninstall and reinstall my graphics driver. Everything is small because it is 4k res being downsampled to 1080p when it shouldn't be doing this.

UPDATE:

Doing a clean installation of the drivers worked! I was right. Anyhow, yeah just an annoyance that is now cleared. I miss coming to Tech-forums often.

Glad to hear you fixed it so fast and thanks for letting us know the solution

UPDATE:

Start coming back more often then! :p

Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom