Floppy stopped working (omg so lost without it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChakkraPriest

Beta member
Hi everyone, sorry to be a noobie nuisance.

I use a nero hard drive backup to reboot my system when i get too much spyware or virus' (plural for virus?) cause ima noob and i cant fix those things, and i dont like most anti-virus programs, i use Nortan Anti-Virus an update it all the time, it keeps me mostly virus free, but i have never been able to find myself a decent anti-spyware app.

Anyway, to the problem at hand, i recenty used my boot disc to restore my C: with Windows XP and some basic programs, the dvd i use is about 11 months old, and i was going to reburn it this time, but it screwed up at about 96.6 percent of the restore process, i tried to retry the files, but they werent budging, i even took out the dvd and gave it a bit of a cleanup, but that didnt help any, so i just ignored it and hoped it was something insygnificant, unfortunately, now i cant use my floppy drive :(

i already tried using another floppy drive, but it still asks me to "insert a disc into a:" i tried about 10 diff discs, none wanna work, and because i screwed up with the restore process i now have 30gb of unallocated space sitting on its arse.

I have tried also, reinstalling drivers and checking leads, everything appears to be in order, device manager reads it as connected and working properly, although its quite obviously not...

im really depressed cause i love my floppy, can sum1 plz help? i promise i wont bother u guys ever again if i can fix this prob.

thanks....

Floppy: Try Running a windows repair, see if it picks up the needed files.

Anti Spyware: Ad Aware SE Personal, Spy Bot, Hi Jack This

Unallocated Files: Run a Disk Defragment

how can disk defragment find unallocated space? i thaught it just found stuff on actual hard drives? The space im talking about is what used to be my F: but it now delted and just doing nothing.

Please forgive, but where is the windows repair thingy?

For windows repair your going to have to find an original install disk. I'm not positive on this but i think you may be able to download a repair file from microsofts website. Your probably going to have to go to your hard drive manufacturers website and find a program to download that will allow you to format your hard drive to find the unallocated space. If this is confusing let me know and i will try to explain it a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom