flash of light !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey guys i was getting ready to format and i was going to take out my network card so i opened it up unplugge the powersupply and pressed the power button because the motherboard led was still on, was i supposed to, because when i did i saw a quick flash of light and heard a short sizzle sound. i rebooted and everything seems to be fine but i just wanted to know what it could have been.

Yeah... That was just all the capacitors giving off their charge (capacitors store electricity, so what happened was everything turned on for a quick while until the electricity ran out)

uhh....what about the spark he said? i think a blown capacator, or a spark somewhere. but pc's aint sposed to spark. shouldbt be any damage, but next time u reboot, look inside and smell around, looking at the capacators, and smell the power supply, inspect all the wires, and check all connections

Oftentimes the LED on the MObO will remain lit for several seconds after power is cut. Did you wait for a few seconds?

Mine stays lit for about 4-5 seconds, then turns off.

If everything is still operating as it was, you are probably okay. Maybe run the computer for awhile with the side off and watch/listen/smell.

ok thanx guys right when it happened i smelt inside the case and there was no burning smell or anything. i have now just formatted and everything seems to be running smoothly, ill let you know once i play games and stuff, but so far so good what i did was i unplugged the powersupply and the mobo light was still on and i didnt feel like waiting for it to go off so i just pushed the power button to drain any remaining electricity and thats when it happened. i see no signs of damage but ill keep my eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom