flash drive woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authentik8d

Beta member
I need to flash my bios...I know how to, or at least I thought I did. I created my bootable thumb drive, downloaded the appropriate rom file and flashing program, unzipped them and copied them to the thumb drive ...but when i get to the a: prompt and use the dir command the files do not appear to exist. When i put the thumb drive back on my other machine they show up....what gives?

Its an ECS Elitegroup (cheap)...I am using their update software that came packaged in the DL for the ROM file. I used a program called "unetbootin" to crate my bootable thumb drive.

You need to tell your motherboard to boot first from the flash drive in the boot order menu. Remove all the other drives from the list to ensure it doesn't skip it. It should then start the flashing sequence.

Right, I have successfully booted from my flash drive but once I get to the a: prompt, if I check the drive's directory it doesn't show that I have the installer and bios files...i get an error that says that 'afudos' is not a command when in fact afudos is an .exe that I copied to the flash drive to load the bios .rom file. The files show up on my flash drive in windows explorer but when I put the flash on my new build it's like they become invisible, like little ninja files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom