Flash drive problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PadaWaN5

Baseband Member
Hey all, I have a question. I am borrowing my frineds flash drive, to bring home a Powerpoint, to work on, And on my old computers I have had trouble bringing home word documents from the Mac computer at school, I have Windows Vista.

So Im wondering if the flash drive will work on the Mac computers to bring them home, Also, I am not sure which flash drive he has?

Also, Is there a way to email the presentation to myself so I can open it? If so Coudl you tell me

Yes you can email it as an attachment to yourself. Put your email address in the To: textbox just like any other email. The flash drive should work on both computers. Windows cannot read a Mac file system but Mac OSX can read FAT which is the file system commonly used on flash drives in Windows.

Windows Vista will not see a flash drive in FAT format. It has to be FAT32 or higher. I found this out myself cause i have a flash drive that worked in XP and Linux but not under Vista. When i looked at the file system i seen that it said FAT so i formatted to FAT32 and it works fine now.

Found out what to do you save the powerpoint on the windows vista as a Powerpoint 97-2003 Then it can be converted but pictures dont work so I just got them at school and put them on. So its all good :/

So it wasn't a flash drive problem. If the flash drive works but a file doesn't work on the flash drive it is usually a software problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom